2011 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible is a 2 door, 2 passenger sports convertible manufactured by Chevrolet, a brand of vehicle produced by General Motors Company (GM). 2011 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible is available in 4 variants(trims) namely 1LT, 2LT, 3LT and 4LT.
Myron Scott named the car after the Corvette, a small, maneuverable warship.In 2003 the Corvette, the first and only continuously-manufactured American sports car, celebrated its 50th anniversary.
2011 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible is powered by 6.2 Liter 430-hp V8 engine which give displacement of 6.2 liters per 378.3 cubic inch. Max power of 430 HP is attained @ 5900 RPM and has a max torque of 424 @ 4600 RPM. All the variants are Rear Wheel Drive(RWD). 2011 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible has a fuel efficiency of 26 MPG [hwy].
A 6-Speed Manual transmission with Sequential Fuel Injection System is standard.
Test-track 0-to-60: 4.2 seconds
Other features includes(varies with variants(trims)):
- OnStar(R) with the Directions & Connections Plan for the first six months.
- Bluetooth(R) wireless technology for select phones.
- Bose(R) audio system includes: AM/FM stereo with CD player/MP3 playback and XM Radio with a one-year subscription
- Power-telescoping steering column
Chevrolet Corvette Awards
- Automobile Magazine ranked the 1963–1967 Sting Ray first on their "100 Coolest Cars" list.
- Stood at no. 5 position on the list of the "Top Sports Cars of the 1960s", compiled by Sports Car International.
- Hot Rod magazine in its March 1986 issue selected the 1973-74 Corvette LS6 454 as one of the "10 most collectable muscle cars" .
- Car and Driver readers selected the Corvette "Best all around car" nine of 11 years in Car and Driver's Reader's Choice Polls including 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, and 1975.
- Car and Driver magazine selected the Corvette for its annual Ten Best list fifteen times.
- Motor Trend magazine named the Corvette Car of the Year in 1984 and 1998.
- The 1999 Corvette Convertible was selected as "Best Engineered Car of the 20th century" by Society of Automotive Engineers publication Automotive Engineering International.
- "Most Coveted Vehicle" in the 2006 by Canadian Car of the Year contest.
- U.S. News & World Report selected the 2010 Corvette the "Best Luxury Sports Car for the Money".
2011 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible SPECIFICATIONS:Body style(s): 2-door Convertible
Engine(s): Gas V8
Displacement (liters/ cu in.) 6.2/378.3
Power:@ RPM 430 @ 5900
Torque: lb-ft/rpm 424 @ 4600
Transmission: 6 Manual w/OD
Exterior Dimensions (IN.)
Overall height: 49.1
Overall width: 72.6
Overall length: 174.6
Colors: Arctic White,Black,Blade Silver Metallic,Crystal Red Metallic,Cyber Gray Metallic,Inferno Orange Metallic,Jetstream Blue Metallic,Supersonic Blue Metallic,Torch Red,Velocity Yellow Tintcoat
Fuel Capacity:(gal) 18
Price Onwards: $53,600
Complete specifications: Specifications of 2011 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible
Website: 2011 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible
Download: Brochure of 2011 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible